BLS - Skills Session -
Each student MUST provide certificate of completion for part 1 to the skills session in order to receive a certification card.
BLS Heartcode part 1: https://www.onlineaha.org/courses/84
BLS Skills session: Cost $30
The BLS Skills Session is an opportunity to practice and test hands-on skills after completing Part 1 of American Heart Association BLS for Providers Blended (online-based) course.
Students should register AFTER successfully completing Part 1 online and receiving their Certificate of Completion.
Skills Session Features the following skills:
- The Skills Check Session will include:
- Adult, child, and infant CPR
- Ventilations with a barrier device
- 1 and 2 rescuer techniques
- Use of the bag-valve mask
- Use of an AED (automated external defibrillation)
- Relief of foreign body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- All participants will receive a current BLS Provider card at the end of the class. Cards are valid for two years.
Each student should provide the certificate of completion for part 1 to the skills session in order to receive a certification card.
BLS - Provider Training is recommended for Nursing or Physician Assistant students.
The BLS for Providers teaches those with a duty to act with the skills needed to respond appropriately to breathing and cardiac emergencies. This includes the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) to care for a victim of cardiac arrest.
Adam Hollmann, Instructor & Authorized Provider, American Heart Association
248 - 953-6003